“If you wish to live in a better place, better the place in which you live.”
Chapel at Old Settlers Picnic Grounds
The Glen Lake Woman’s Club maintains the interior of the chapel as well as the gardens immediately surrounding the chapel. The chapel can be reserved for weddings, vow renewals, funeral services, etc.
Glen Lake Woman’s Club holds a Flag Raising Ceremony every 4th of July at the Old Settler’s Picnic Grounds. The program also includes an honor guard, patriotic songs and light refreshments.
Maple Valley Nursing Home
Each Christmas season, members of the Glen Lake Woman’s Club put on a Christmas Party at the Maple Valley Nursing Home on Burdickville Road in Maple City. The festivities include singing, light refreshments and a homemade gift for each resident.
Hope to insert downloadable application here.
CHAPEL RULES AND REGULATIONS
The Chapel is the only portion of the park that is permitted to be reserved for your event.
The gazebo and remainder of the park are available as a first-come, first-served basis. (Suggestion –
arrive early in the day to establish your desired area of usage.)
We have found that in most cases, other small groups are able to picnic, use the beach and lake
without disturbing your planned activity.
The picnic tables may be moved to the chapel area and are to be returned to their original locations at
the end of your event.
The use of canopies is allowed. A permit is required to set up a tent.
The Chapel does have electricity; sound systems are permitted to be used.
NO FOOD, BEVERAGES, PETS OR LIGHTED CANDLES ARE PERMITTED IN THE CHAPEL AT ANY TIME.
The Chapel is only available for use beginning May 15th and ending October 31st
OLD SETTLERS PICNIC AREA PARK RULES AND REGULATIONS
(Approved by the Leelanau County Board of Commissions on 10-9-07)
1. PARK HOURS: Park is open from sunrise to sunset.
2. Refuse must be disposed of in containers provided.
3. Fires allowed in designated grills only.
4. Beach fires are prohibited.
5. Plants and trees may not be cut or removed from park.
6. Alcoholic consumption is prohibited.
7. No lifeguard on duty. Swim at your own risk. Diving off dock is prohibited.
8. Launching power boats from anywhere in the park is prohibited.
9. Fireworks in park are prohibited.
10. Pets are allowed in designated areas only, and must be on a leash no longer than six (6) feet in length and under control by owner at all times. Owner is also responsible for any cleanup of messes made by pets. (See signs in park for designated areas.)
11. Solicitation in park is prohibited.
12. Camping in park is prohibited.
13. Operation of off-road vehicles or snowmobiles is prohibited in park.
14. Music from radios and/or other devices shall not be excessive or disturbing to other park guests.
15. Violation of any provision of this ordinance is a misdemeanor, according to statue P.A. 261 of 1965.